Eligibility Criteria (Qualifying Exam)
Master’s degree with 55%* marks in aggregate in a relevant discipline or equivalent, subject to qualifying LPUNEST and Interview.
Other conditions, as prescribed in the Guidelines for Degree of Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) programmes.
5% relaxation to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer) / differently-abled candidates.
- Applicants having relevant Post Graduation degree in Engineering are only allowed to apply for the Ph.D. in engineering disciplines. e.g. applicants with M.Tech/ME in CSE would apply for Ph.D. (CSE), and applicants with MCA or M.Sc. (CS/IT) degree should apply for Ph.D. (Computer Applications).
- The applicants with masters degree in distance education or online mode are not allowed to take admission in the Ph.D. Engineering Programmes.
- An applicant who has completed Company Secretary(CS) course from ‘The Institute of Company Secretaries of India’ (ICSI) with Minimum of 55% aggregate marks is eligible to apply for admission Ph.D. (Management). Click here to view Recognition Letter on ICSI Website.
Exemption from Entrance Test
Applicants who have qualified UGC (NET/ JRF)/ CSIR (NET/ JRF)/ ICAR (JRF/ SRF) examination/ SLET (Punjab only)/ GATE or GPAT score card/ ICAR (NET), SPM, Teacher Fellowship holder or passed M.Phil. Programme (in Regular mode only) are exempted from LPUNEST (Ph.D.).
- Exemption is for LPUNEST (Ph.D.) only but the applicant will have to fill the LPUNEST (Ph.D.) form and appear for the Interview. The applicants are required to bring the original documents against which exemption is sought at the time of interview.
- GATE/GPAT score should be valid at the time of admission.
- The final selection for admission in Ph.D. will be based on the performance in Entrance Test (70% weightage) and Interview (30% weightage) subject to scoring minimum marks in the Interview. However if anyone is exempted from LPUNEST (Ph.D.) entrance test, then 100% weightage will be given to Interview only.