2. FOR AGRICULTURE PROGRAMMES
Eligibility Criteria (Qualifying Exam)
Master’s degree with 65%* marks in aggregate in a relevant agriculture discipline or equivalent, subject to qualifying
LPUNEST and Interview.
For SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer) / differently-abled candidates relaxation of 5% of marks from 65% to 60% will
- An applicant will be short listed for an interview on the basis of his/ her score in the entrance
examination LPUNEST (Ph.D.).
- The final selection for admission to Ph.D. will be based on the performance in Entrance Test (80%
weightage) and Interview (20% weightage) subject to scoring minimum marks in the Interview.
Exemption from Entrance Test
Applicants who have qualified UGC (NET/ JRF)/ CSIR (NET/ JRF)/ ICAR (JRF/ SRF) examination/ SLET (Punjab only)/
GATE or GPAT scorecard/ ICAR (NET), SPM, Teacher Fellowship holder or passed M.Phil. Programme (in Regular mode
only) are exempted from LPUNEST (Ph.D.).
- The Exemption is for LPUNEST (Ph.D.) only but the applicant will have to fill out the LPUNEST (Ph.D.) form and
appear for the Interview. The applicants are required to bring the original documents against which
exemption is sought at the time of the interview.
- The final selection for admission in Ph.D. will be based on the performance in Entrance Test (80%
weightage) and Interview (20% weightage) subject to scoring minimum marks in the Interview. However, if
anyone is exempted from LPUNEST (Ph.D.) entrance test, then 100% weightage will be given to Interview
- In case a candidate has done Bachelor degree in 3 years and Master degree in 2 years will be required to complete additional remedial courses during their coursework.