Choose the correct verb to fill the gap.
By the end of the year, she _______ with a degree in business.
- already graduates
- already graduated
- will have already graduated
- has already graduated
Choose the synonym for the following word Hallowed
As _______ cuts it as well as he does, I always have my hair cut at Johnson’s.
- someone else’s
- no one else
Mohit _______ his century before it is the end of the match.
- will score
- will have scored
- has scored
Which word is a adverb in this sentence?
There are no interesting programmes tonight.
The TAPI Gas Pipeline project will start from: -
The North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) and the European Union (EU) have signed an agreement to improve cooperation in cyber defence. This Agreement was signed at which of the following places?
The first woman Chief of State Bank of India (SBI) is: -
- Shikha Sharma
- Arundhati Bhattacharya
- Shyamala Gopinath
- Asha Kumari
The Indian rupee is a legal tender in two other countries. One is Nepal. The other is: -
- Sri Lanka
India’s first IT co-operative UL Cyber Park has been set up in which state?
- Tamil Nadu
- Arunachal Pradesh
If a: b = 2:3 and b: c = 4:3, then find a: b: c
- None of the above
A tire has two punctures. The first puncture alone would have made the tire flat in 9 minutes and the second alone would have done it in 6 minutes. If air leaks out at a constant rate, how long does it take both the punctures together to make it flat?
- 16/5 min
- 13/3 min
- 13/4 min
- 18/5 min
A man takes 5 hours 45 min in walking to a certain place and riding back. He would have gained 2 hours by riding both ways. The time he would take to walk both ways is:-
- 8hrs 45min
- 7hrs 45min
The angle between the minute hand and the hour hand of a clock when the time is 8.30, is: -
On what dates of April, 2001 did Wednesday fall?
- 7th, 12th, 19th, 25th
- 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th
- 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th
- 6th, 12th, 18th, 26th
Which of the following is not a function of Central Bank:
- Act as a lender of last resort
- Issue notes and coins in an economy
- Ensure banks have sufficient capital to meet problems arising from business losses
- Advise companies on money management and share issues
Other factors held constant, but the lesser liquidity is because of:
- Shorter Payback Period
- Greater Payback Period
- Less Project Return
- Greater Project Return
If the mean of a series is 10 and its coefficient of variation is 40%, the variance of the series is:
- None of the above
The accounting convention which states that 'profit must not be recognized until realized while all losses
should be adequately provided for':
A newspaper advertisement that can be accepted by anyone is a:
- General offer
- Special offer
- Cross offer
- Counter Offer
Asvamedha Yajna from among Chalukya rulers was performed by:
- Pulkesin I
- Kirtivarman I
- Pulkesin II
- Vikramaditya I
The System of philosophy with which the name of, Kapila is prominently associated is:
- Uttara Mimamsa
- Purva Mimamsa
About whose kingdom is it said “the dominion of the lord of the universe extended from Delhi to Palam.”?
- Qutbuddin Aibak
- Nasiruddmin Mahmud Tughlaq
- Mohammad Gazni
- Alam Shah
Who was the first Muslim writer to make use of Hindi words and adopt Indian poetic imagery and themes?
- Hasan Nizami
- Amir Khusaro
- Abul Fazal
- Abdul Qadir Badauni
The name of the committee to enquire Jallianwala Bagh Massacre was?
- Simon Commission
- Hunter Commission
- Raymond Commission
- Linlithgo Commission
Which of the following processes is responsible for weathering of rocks in the Karst region?
- Scree formation
Bad-land Topography is the product of the combined action of:
- Wind and Glacier
- Wind and Water
- Water and Glacier
- Water and Temperature
Increase in temperature with increase in height is known as:
- Lapse rate
- Adiabatic lapse rate
- Inversion of temperature
- Normal rate
Which one of the following arrangements of States in descending order of literacy rates according to 2011 Census is correct?
- Kerala, Mizoram, Tripura, Goa
- Kerala, Goa, Mizoram, Tripura
- Goa, Kerala, Tripura, Mizoram
- Mizoram, Tripura, Kerala, Goa
What are the bases of agro-climatic regionalization proposed by the Planning Commission of India?
- Relief, soil and drainage
- Rainfall, temperature and cropped area
- Vegetation, soil and land use
- Relief, land use and Net sown Area
In Coleridge’s poem ❛The rime of the Ancient Mariner❜ where were the three gallants going?
- A wedding
- To the races
Rupert Brooke wrote his poetry during which conflict?
- Boer War
- Second World War
- Korean War
- First World War
What was strange about Emily Dickinson?
- She rarely left home
- She wrote in code
- She never attempted to publish her poetry
- She wrote her poems in invisible ink
Applying human qualities to non-human things:
In his poem Kipling said ❛If you can meet with triumph and _______ ❜?
If the demand for a good is inelastic, an increase in its price will cause the total expenditure of the consumers of the good to:
- Remain the same
- Become zero
The supply of a good refers to:
- Stock available for sale
- Total stock in the warehouse
- Actual Production of the good
- Quantity of the good offered for sale at a particular price per unit of time
Assume that consumer’s income and the number of sellers in the market for good X both falls. Based on this information, we can conclude with certainty that the equilibrium:
- Price will decrease
- Price will increase
- Quantity will increase
- Quantity will decrease
Demand for factors of production is:
- Derived demand
- Joint demand
- Composite demand
- None of these
In which of the following market structure is the degree of control over the price of its product by a firm very large?
- Imperfect competition
- Perfect competition
- In A and B both
Literally the term ‘administration’ means:
- Manage the laws
- Manage the trade
- Manage the affairs of public or private
- None of the above
The Second Minnow brook Conference was held in which year?
In e-governance, G2Gmeans:
- Government to government
- Government to citizen
- Government to business
- Government to employees
RTI stands for:
- Right to Interrogation
- Right to Information
- Right to Inspection
- None of the above
The most sophisticated and the latest training technique is:
- Syndicate Method
- Sensitivity training
- Lecture Method
According to ancient authors which swara is capable of producing vibhats and Bhayanak Rasa?
A raga in Hindustani Music similar to Karnatic Raga Subha Pantuvarali:
Which female artist is representing to Gwalior gharana in modern scenario:
- Sidheshvari Devi
- Heera bai Barodkar
- Meeta Pandit
- Kaushiki Chakorbarti
The conclusive part of ‘Thumri’ is rendered with:
- Ladi laggi
Second component of Prabandh is called:
- United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization
- United Nations Environment, Scientific, and Cultural Organization
- United Nations Educational, Social, and Cultural Organization
- United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Civic Organization
What types of businesses usually hold significant quantities of inventory?
- Manufacturing and wholesale
- Wholesale and retail
- Manufacturing, wholesale and retail
- Retail, manufacturing and service
Petra is in which country?
Which of these is a purpose of shared organizational values:
- Build Team Support
- Influence marketing efforts
- Guide managers❜ decisions and actions
- All of these
The capacity to influence people and accomplish desired objectives is called:
Which one of the following theories is considered as a cause of social Protests?
- Relative Deprivation
- Absolute Deprivation
- Political Mobilization of the Oppressed
- Absolute Poverty
What are social norms?
- Codes which are prescribed in sacred texts
- Rules whose observance is expected in a society
- Laws whose violation invariably leads to punishment
- Principles accepted as normal by sociology
Which one of the following is not covered under the "Element of Social Structure"?
- Group action
What is the most important and basic factor for social integration according to the functionalists?
- Maintenance of relative stability
- Structural interdependence
- Condition of anomie
- Value consensus
Who regards deviance as functional for society?
- A. Cohen
- E. Durkheim
- R K. Merton
- L. K. White
Doctrine of specific nerve energies is given by:
According to Broca’s observations which part is involved in speech?
- Cerebral cortex of left side of the brain
- Cerebral cortex of right side of the brain
- Cerebral cortex of centre of the brain
- The brain
Type(s) of validity is/ are:
- Content validity only
- Criterion – related validity only
- Construct validity only
- All of these
Which one of the following is a genetic disorder caused by the presence of all or part of a third copy of chromosome 21 is called:
- Trisomy 21
- None of these
Production and comprehension of language is found in:
- Left hemisphere
- Right hemisphere
- Spinal cord
- None of the above
For Locke which of the following is not true in case of social contract?
- Contract, once made, is irrevocable
- Contract in which men give up some of the rights they possessed in the state of nature
- Contract to which each generation must not consent
- Contract does not put an end to the Law of Nature
Democratic peace theory has been largely associated with the writings of:
- Immanuel Kant and Voltaire
- Michael Doyle and Bruce Russett
- Thomas Christensen and Thomas Schelling
- Mahatma Gandhi and Jawaharlal Nehru
Which of the following are true regarding a Unitary System of Government?
- It is most effective in protecting the unity and integrity of the nation.
- There is single law making body.
- The local administrative units do not derive their power from the Constitution.
- Power is delegated to the local units for administrative convenience
India is holding talks with ASEAN to extend which highway to Vietnam?
India has Kalapani and Susta territorial dispute with:
Which Time Period in Ancient Indian History of Known as the Golden Era?
- Sunga Period
- Indus Valley Period
- Gupta Period
- Kushana Period
Which Bengal School Artist Has Painted The Bharat Mata?
- Gaganedranath Tagore
- Abanindranath Tagore
- Rabindranath Tagore
- None Of The Above
What Is The Kalvin For The Normal Daylight In Photography?
What Is The Baking Temperature For Terracotta?
Which Tool Of Photoshop Is Used To Fade Out The Dirt And Darkness In Fixing Old Photographs?
- Eraser Tool
- Gradient Tool
- Dodge Tool
- Clone Tool
Veda deals with music
In 10+2+3 system 2 includes
- 2 years of Lower secondary education
- 2 years of Higher secondary education
- 2 years of Middle secondary education
- 2 years of secondary education
A teacher is teaching counting by using Abacus, which of the following maxim of teaching the teacher is following?
- Known to Unknown
- Concrete to Abstract
- Particular to General
- Analysis to Synthesis
Which of the following activities a teacher doesn’t do at the pre-active phase of teaching?
- Formulation of Instructional Objectives
- Decision Making About the Content
- Arrangement of Elements of Content
- Changing the strategies of teaching
In Freud’s Structure of Personality, which of the following works on the principle of reality?
- All of the above
What do the five rings on the Olympic symbol represent?
- The five oceans
- The five continents
- The five planets
- Five Greek Gods
Which of the following combination of years represents the years when the Olympic Games
were not held due to the two World Wars?
- 1914, 1940, 1944
- 1916, 1940, 1944
- 1920, 1936, 1940
- 1936, 1840, 1944
Which team leads the procession of athletes at the opening ceremony of the Olympic
- Hosting nation
- Hosting nation of the next Olympic Games
- Hosting nation of the previous Olympic Games
What does the Olympic motto Citius, Altius, Fortius mean?
- Character, Attitude, Fortitude
- Faster, Higher, Deeper
- Faster, Higher, Stronger
- Bigger, Stronger, Taller
In which year did women participate for the first time in modern Olympic Games?
- 1900, Paris
- 1908, London
- 1904, St Louis
- 1920, Antwerp