Choose the opposite of autonomy
- a) submissiveness
- b) dependence
- c) subordination
- d) slavery
It is always good to provide ________ letter to the landlord as proof that you have a good character. Fill in the blank from the options given below
- a) an accredited
- b) a touching
- c) an anonymous
- d) a reference
Choose the synonym of shortfall from the given set of words.
- a) shortage
- b) infringement
- c) over stepping
- d) violation
Choose the antonym of homage from the given set of words.
- a) good
- b) creative
- c) insult
- d) dull
She is the……… of the two sisters.
Choose the correct form of the adjective from the following to complete the sentence:
- a) tall
- b) taller
- c) tallest
- d) tallish
Which country recently test fired Hatf-9 (Nasr) missile?
- a) Pakistan
- b) Srilanka
- c) Nepal
- d) Bhutan
Where is India’s first all women post office, inaugurated on Women’s Day, located?
- a) Delhi
- b) Mumbai
- c) Goa
- d) Jammu
In which year did the UN declare the International Year of Water Cooperation?
- a) 2010
- b) 2012
- c) 2011
- D) 2013
Rupesh Shah is a player of which one of the following sports?
- a) Badminton
- b) Billiards
- c) Basketball
- d) Table tennis
The Supreme Court of India has recently rejected the plea of a Swiss based Pharma company for getting its blood cancer drug, Glivec, patented in India and for restraining Indian companies from manufacturing generic drugs. Which of the following is that company?
- a) Novartis
- b) Galderma
- c) Anavex Life Sciences
- d) Fenjal
Vincent has a paper route. Each morning, he delivers 37 newspapers to customers in his neighbourhood. It takes Vincent 50 minutes to deliver all the papers. If Vincent is sick or has other plans, his friend Thomas, who lives on the same street, sometimes delivers the papers for him.
- (a) Vincent and Thomas live in the same neighbour- hood.
- (b) It takes Thomas more than 50 minutes to deliver the papers.
- (c) It is dark outside when Vincent begins his deliveries.
- (d) Thomas will like to have his own paper route.
When Maya and Julian heard news of the hurricane, they decided to change their vacation plans. Instead of traveling to the island beach resort, they booked a room at a fancy new spa in the mountains. Their plans were a bit more expensive, but they’d heard wonderful things about the spa and they were relieved to find availability on such short notice.
- (a) Maya and Julian take beach vacations every year.
- (b) The spa is overpriced.
- (c) It is usually necessary to book at least six months in advance at the spa.
- (d) Maya and Julian decided to change their vacation plans because of the hurricane.
Look at this series: 2, 1, (1/2), (1/4), What number should come next?
- (a) (1/3)
- (b) (1/8)
- (c) (2/8)
- (d) (1/16)
Eileen is planning a special birthday dinner for her husband’s 35th birthday. She wants the evening to be memorable, but her husband is a simple man who would rather be in jeans at a baseball game than in a suit at a fancy restaurant. Which restaurant of the following should Eileen choose?
- (a) Alfredo’s offers fine Italian cuisine and an elegant Tuscan decor. Patrons will feel as though they’ve spent the evening in a luxurious Italian villa.
- (b) Pancho’s Mexican Buffet is an all-you-can-eat family style smorgasbord with the best tacos in town.
- (c) The Parisian Bistro is a four-star French restaurant where guests are treated like royalty. Chef Dilbert Olay is famous for his beef bourguignon.
- (d) Marty’s serves delicious, hearty meals in a charming setting reminiscent of a baseball clubhouse in honour of the owner, Marty Lester, a former major league baseball all-star.
Three pipes -A, B, and C- can fill a tank from empty to full in 30 minutes, 20 minutes, and 10 minutes respectively. When the tank is empty, all the three pipes are opened. A, B and C discharge chemical solutions P, Q, and R respectively. What is the proportion of the solution R in the liquid in the tank after 3 minutes?
- (a) 5/11
- (b) 6/11
- (c) 7/11
- (d) 8/11