Choose the correct verb to fill the gap.
By the end of the year, she _______ with a degree in business.
- already graduates
- already graduated
- will have already graduated
- has already graduated
Choose the synonym for the following word Hallowed
As _______ cuts it as well as he does, I always have my hair cut at Johnson’s.
- someone else’s
- no one else
Mohit _______ his century before it is the end of the match.
- will score
- will have scored
- has scored
Which word is a adverb in this sentence?
There are no interesting programmes tonight.
Which one of the following molecules has the smallest bond angle?
The addition of arsenic to germanium makes the latter a:-
- Extrinsic semiconductor
- Metallic conductor
- Intrinsic semiconductor
- Mixed conductor
For an ideal binary liquid solution with p°A > p°B, which of the following relations between xA (mole fraction of A in liquid phase) and yA (mole fraction of A in vapor phase) is correctly represented?
- xA > yA
- xA = yA
- xA < yA
- xA and yA cannot be correlated with each other
In the reaction, 3Cl2
+ 6NaOH → NaClO3
+ 5NaCl +3H2
O The element which loses as well as gains electrons is:-
- None of the above
An element has three elements in the 4th shell, the atomic number of the elements is:-
The photoelectric effect was discovered by:-
An electron, a proton and a deutron and an α-particle have same linear momenta. Which one of them possesses least kinetic energy?
Three equal masses P, Q and R pulled with a constant force F. They are connected to each other with strings. The ratio of the tension between PQ and QR is:-
To avoid slipping while walking on ice one should take larger steps because of the:-
- Larger normal reaction
- Smaller normal reaction
- Smaller friction
- Larger friction
If the Earth shrinks in its radius by 4%, mass remaining the same, the value of ’g’ on its surface:-
- Remains constant
- Decreases by about 8%
- Increases by about 8%
- Decreases by about 4%
If a, b, c are in A.P. and p, p' are the A.M. and G.M. respectively between a and b while q,q' are the A.M. and G.M. respectively between b and c, then:-
- pq = p' q'
- p2 + q2 = p'2 + q'2
- p2 - q2 = p'2 - q'2
- None of the above
The number of ways in which different flowers can be strung to form a garland so that 4 particular flowers are never separated is:-
- 5! . 4!
- 4! . 4!
The chance of throwing a total of 3 or 5 or 11 with two dice is:
The distance of the point (x, y ) from x-axis is:-
The mean of 50 observations is 36. If two observations 30 and 42 are deleted, then the mean of the remaining observations is:-
- None of the above
Seeds swell when placed in water due to:-
Which of the following combinations is correct?
- Lipase - Ester bond
- Protease - Phosphodiester bond
- Nucleases - Glycosidic Bond
- Amylase - Peptide bond
Proteins embedded in the cell membrane function to:-
- Produce energy for the cell
- Transport materials in and out of the cell
- Carry genetic information
- Store excess water
Which of the following is not a STOP codon?
Who is known as the father of modern bee science?
Which of the following is the correct order of the stages in the accounting cycle?
- Journalize, final accounts, posting to the ledger and trial balance
- Journalize, posting to the ledger, trial balance and final accounts
- Posting to the ledger, trial balance, final accounts and journalize
- Posting to the ledger, journalize, final accounts and trial balance
Which of the following is not a tangible asset of the firm?
- Land and Building
Discount allowed to a customer is __________ for business.
Furniture for textile industry is a
- Current Asset
- Fixed Asset
- Wasting Asset
- Nominal Asset
If the profits of the companies get increased it gives rise to:
- Both Capital and liability
- None of these
The following is not an objective of management:
- Earning Profits
- Policy making
- Providing employment
- Growth of the organisation
Under what function of management, policies and strategies are formulated?
Which of the following statement best describes the principle of? Division of Work?
- Resources should be divided among jobs
- Labour should be divided
- Work should be divided into small tasks
- It leads to specialization
Which of the following does not explain the impact of Government policy changes on business and industry?
- Increasing competition
- Change in agricultural prices
- More demanding customers
- Market orientation
Which of the following is not a financial incentive ______________
- Pension and Gratuity
- Profit Sharing
In which type of economic system individual make all main economics decision without government intervention
- Mixed economy
- Planned economy
Points lying inside the PPC indicate
- Full utilization of resources
- Waste of resources
- Failure of resources
- Non-availability of resources
An indifference curve is
- A Straight line sloping downwards
- Parallel to x axis
- Convex to origin
- Concave to origin
Right downward movement along the demand curve is known as
- Increase in demand
- Decrease in demand
- Extension in demand
- Contraction in demand
In perfect competitive market the shape of demand curve is
- Parallel to X axis
- Parallel to Y axis
- Downward sloping
- Right upward
Which one is correct according to the distribution law?
- A(B + = AB + AC
- A(A+1) = A
- A + AB = A
To perform stream I/O with disk files in C++, you should:-
- Use classes derived from ios
- Use C language library functions to read and write data
- Open and close files as in procedural language
- None of these
Following are the components of a database except:-
- User data
Which of these are the 5 generic software engineering framework activities?
- Communication, planning, modeling, construction, deployment
- Analysis, designing, programming, debugging, maintenance
- Analysis, planning, designing, programming, testing
- Communication, risk management, measurement, production, reviewing
In which code the successive code characters differ in only one bit position?
- Gray code
- 8421 code
- Excess 3 code
- Algebraic code
Which geographic factor had a major influence on the development of both Egyptian and Babylonian civilizations?
- River valleys
- Cool temperatures
- Locations near a strait
In which battle did the defeat of Muslims stop their invasions?
- Battle of Fontenoy
- Battle of Lechfeld
- Battle of Verdun
- Battle of Vouille
Where the Indus Valley Civilization was first noticed?
- Harappa and Mohenjo-Daro
Where did Ibn Battuta travel?
- Africa, Eastern Europe and Asia
- South America, Eastern Europe and Asia
- North America, Asia and Africa
- Australia, Asia and Africa
What were the main reasons for the first world war?
- Murder of German President in Berlin
- Murder of Austria's heir in Sarajevo
- Territorial rivalry
- The revolution of Russia with Lenin
Man is a social animal. Who said this?
- Karl Marx
- Auguste Comte
Which one of the following is NOT a dimension/component of culture?
Manifest functions are those which are:-
- All of these
Which one of the following is NOT a characteristic of social fact?
- They are external to individuals and exist independently
- They exercise external constraint over individuals
- They are general throughout society
- They help in functioning of a society
M.N. Srinivas defines _____________ as "the changes brought about in Indian society and culture as a result of over 150 years of British rule, the term subsuming changes occurring at different levels".
An irregular surface with various landforms such as mountains, plateaus, plants, valleys, etc is known as:
National Institute of Disaster management is located at?
- New Delhi
On the south side, India is bounded by the Indian Ocean, by the Arabian Sea on the southwest and the ……………..on the southeast.
- Arabian sea
- Bay of Bengal
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Who is responsible for the construction and maintenance of the National Highways?
- State Government
- Central Government
- Federal Government
- National Government
Color of infrared images that represent sandy areas, beaches and sand dunes is
How many agro-climatic zones (ACZ) are found in India?
A farming system in which arable crops are grown in alleys formed by trees or shrubs, to establish soil fertility and to enhance soil productivity, is known as—
- Relay cropping
- Multiple cropping
- Alley cropping
- Mixed cropping
The Minimum Support Price for Food grains was introduced in the year -
Crop rotation helps to
- lessen use of pesticides
- yield more crops
- produce a greater choice of plant products
- eliminate parasites which have selective hosts
Which one of the following Indian breeds of sheep, you will suggest meat and carpet wool production?
Where was the ’School Games Federation of India’ (SGFI) formed?
Ballistic method develops
First women in Olympic who secure first individual medal for India
- Sayna nehwal
- Karnam malleswari
In Vedic teachings, what is the general term for the channels in which prana moves through the astral body?
Suggestions for controlling the use of performance-enhancing substances is to replace traditional drug education programmes with
- blood-testing and DNA-testing programmes
- programmes on nutritional supplements
- programmes on biofeedback and stress management
- deviance and health education programmes
The nature of Indian legislature at the central level is
- Both Unicameral and Bicameral
- None of these
Which writ is issued by a higher court (High Court or Supreme Court) when a lower court has considered a case going beyond its jurisdiction?
- Quo Warranto
Which Article is related to Equality before law?
- Art. 13
- Art. 14
- Art. 15
- Art. 16
The RTI movement has its roots in which state.
- West Bengal
India borrowed the idea of five year plan from which country
Which among the following is known as top level in Panchayati Raj System?
- Gram Panchayat
- Panchayat Samiti
- Zila Parishad
- Gram Sabha
Which one is the Chief Vigilance institution in India?
- Central Board of Investigation
- Central Vigilance Commission
- Comptroller and Auditor General of India
Citizen Participation fosters:
- Efficiency and effectiveness
- Transparency and accountability
- Clean and open governance
- All of the above
No confidence motion, to be admitted in the Lok Sabha, needs the support of:
- 50 Members
- 70 Members
- 80 Members
- 100 Members
Who is the first Lokpal of India?
- S.M. Krishnamurthy
- Ranjan Gogoi
- Pinaki Chandra Ghose
- Om Birla