- Eligibility Criteria (Qualifying Exam)
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline with 55% marks in aggregate;
- Other conditions as prescribed in the Guidelines for Degree of Doctor of Philosophy (M.Phil.) programmes, 2016.
- 5% relaxation to SC/ST/OBC candidates.
- Selection Criteria:
An applicant will be short listed for interview on the basis of his/ her score in the entrance examination.
- The final selection for admission in Ph.D. will be based on the performance in the Interview subject to scoring minimum marks.
- Exemption from Entrance Test
Applicants who has qualifed UGC (NET/JRF)/CSIR(NET /JRF)/ICAR(JRF/SRF) Examination/SLET (Punjab state only) /GATE/GPAT/ICAR or hold Teacher Fellowship are exempted from entrance test.
IMP: Exemption is for test (LPUNEST-2016) only and applicant will have to appear for interview.The applicants are required to bring the original documents against which exemption sought at the time of interview.